It seems to be basically a summer program but figure it out for yourself! More programs for undergraduates and everyone else are available.
What is the DOE Scholars Program?
A unique new approach within DOE for introducing students or post-graduates to DOE’s mission and operations.
As a participant in the DOE Scholars Program, you will have a competitive edge for familiarizing yourself with DOE functions while showcasing your education, talent, and skills. Appointments are available in a variety of disciplines at participating facilities nationwide. The DOE Scholars Program presents you with the opportunity to explore a federal career with DOE at various stages in your education.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Click through to get the details. You have to be a sophomore when you apply (or a junior in a five-year program), there's a summer program, and you need to do a year of service after graduation.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) realizes that the country’s strong science and technology community provides a critical advantage in the development and implementation of counter-terrorist measures and other DHS objectives. The DHS Scholarship and Fellowship Program is intended for students interested in pursuing the basic science and technology innovations that can be applied to the DHS mission. This education program is intended to ensure a highly talented science and technology community to achieve the DHS mission and objectives. Eligible students must be studying in a homeland security related science, technology, engineering and mathematics (HS-STEM) field with an interest, major, or concentration directly related to one of the homeland security research areas listed below:
- Advanced Data Analysis and Visualization
- Biological Threats and Countermeasures
- Border Security
- Chemical Threats and Countermeasures
- Communications and Interoperability
- Community, Commerce and Infrastructure Resilience
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Explosives Detection, Mitigation and Response
- Food and Agriculture Security
- Human Factors
- Immigration Studies
- Infrastructure Protection
- Maritime and Port Security
- Natural Disasters and Related Geophysical Studies
- Risk, Economics, and Decision Sciences
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Transportation Security